The Indy Women’s Half Marathon course starts begins at the foot of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument on Monument Circle, just outside the east entrance of the Sheraton City Center hotel. Runners and walkers enjoy a flat and fast course, passing a number of landmarks along the way. In the first mile alone, you’ll pass the Federal Courthouse, Scottish Rite Cathedral, Indianapolis’ Central Library and the American Legion Mall and National Headquarters before nearing the historic City Market and traveling over the bricked streets of Monument Circle where you’ll again see the monument, Hilbert Circle Theater (home of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra) and Christ Church Cathedral.
As you move northwest out of the heart of downtown, you’ll catch a glimpse of the Madam CJ Walker Theater and Bush Stadium, the former home of the Indianapolis Indians. The middle miles of the half marathon run alongside the White River and aptly-named Riverside Park, one of 211 public parks managed by the Indy Parks Department. Re-entering downtown, the course runs through IUPUI and the IU School of Medicine. In the block leading to the finish, take note of Alcapoco Joe’s, an immigrant-owned restaurant loved by locals.
The race finishes on Vermont Street with University Park (site of the post-race celebration) to the south and the War Memorial to the north.
- Half Marathon Course Map
- 5K Course Map
- Start/Finish Map
- Finish Grounds / Post-Race Celebration Map
- 3D Flyover video
By the Numbers:
- 9 hydration stations on the half marathon course and 1 on the 5K course. All stations have both water and Powerade.
- 3 medical stations are located along the half marathon course and an additional one is located in the finish area.
- Roughly a dozen medical personnel on bicycles ride sections of the course.
- 12 portable toilet locations are placed along the half marathon course and one location on the 5K course. Additional facilities are located in University Park.
- Over 90 Indianapolis Metropolitan Police (IMPD) Officers support our runners and walkers on race day.
- Over 1,700 traffic cones line the course.
- As many as 400 volunteers make this event possible.
For your safety, we will be using the weather flag system for this event.
We will monitor the temperature, amount of sunlight and the humidity by using the wet bulb guidelines.
Green Flag = low risk. Red Flag = high risk. Black flag = extreme risk. The risk flags will be displayed at the start line, all mile marks and at the finish line.
If the Green Flag is displayed: Go, Go, Go
If the Red Flag is displayed: you should be aware that heat illness is possible. Slow down and take your time.
If the Black Flag is displayed, runners should slow to a walk and walkers should walk very slowly. Stop, rest, seek shade.
NOTE: If the Black Flag comes out, all split timers and mile markers will be removed. Timing and scoring will be closed. Medical people, volunteers, water stops, IMPD officers, pick-up vehicles, etc will remain on the course.
Thank you to Our Sponsors!