- Time requirements for the half marathon and the 5K is 4½ hours.
Gear check-in will be available near the start line.
NOTE: The event organizers will not be responsible for checked bags & lost items.
- Head phones and iPods: we strongly recommend these or other audio items NOT be used due to the safety of yourself and the other participants.
- Photographs will be taken along the course and at the finish line.
- Event management, along with the City of Indianapolis, has the authority to cancel or delay the event for any reason due to extreme weather, accidents, city emergency, etc. NO REFUNDS – NO RESCHEDULING.
- Age Limits: Half-Marathon - 10 years and older. 5K - all ages are welcome including kiddos in strollers!
September 30, 2017
Sheraton Downtown Indianapolis
31 W Ohio St
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317) 635-2000
|Friday, September 29, 2017|
|Fitness Expo and Packet Pickup
(Note: There is no race day packet pickup)
|11 am - 8 pm|
|Saturday, September 30, 2017|
|Opening Ceremonies||7:15 am|
|National Anthem||7:20 am|
|Final Pre-Race Announcements||7:25 am|
|Start of the Half Marathon & 5K||7:30 am|
|5 Kilometer Award Ceremony||9:00 am|
|Half Marathon Award Ceremony||10:30 am|
Race Distance Changes
If switching from the Half Marathon to the 5K, you must go to the "Service Desk" during the Fitness Expo and exchange your Half Marathon bib number for a 5K bib number. No refunds for the fee difference.
If switching from the 5K to the Half Marathon, you must go to the "Service Desk" at the Fitness Expo and exchange your 5K bib number for a Half Marathon bib number. An exchange fee of $50 is required.
The Gear Check tent is located inside University Park near the finish line.
Gear Check will be open from 6:00 am until 7:30 am.
To claim your gear bag, show your number to the Gear Check Volunteer. Both the bib number and the number attached to the bag must match.
Bags not claimed by noon on race day will be held at Carmel Road Racing Group's office in Carmel until October 31. Please do not leave valuables, cash, credit cards or jewelry in the gear bag.
Carmel Road Racing Group is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Half Marathon Start Corrals
The corral system assures a smoother and safer start by lining up with participants of similar pace in the same area. We ask that you line-up according to the pace for which you have trained.
Pace signs will be displayed throughout the start line area. Please be courteous and look for the area that best fits your pace.
You will be able to enter your pace area beginning at 6:45 am.
After you cross the finish line, it's time to begin celebrating and lose yourself in a wonderful feeling of accomplishment.
Great volunteers will meet you with a bottle of water, a beautiful finisher's medal and a rose. Continue walking to the energy food and drinks.